Many individuals all over the country suffer from allergies, asthma, sinus infections, and even hearing loss. From experiencing a constant headache, a stuffy nose, and even traces of dizziness and hearing loss on a regular basis, many patients are often left feeling tired, frustrated, and just plain miserable…
So what do we do when we don’t feel well? We call the doctor or pay a visit to the emergency room. Most often doctors will prescribe allergy medications, a pain reliever of some kind, or even recommend over-the-counter medications at a local pharmacy.
But what happens when NONE of these remedies work?
Many individuals and patients who have been to see the doctor time and time again for persistent allergies and sinus pain and symptoms without feeling any better may need to see a specialist to help get to the root of their problems.
Here are some signs, symptoms, and signals that should tell you it’s time to see an ENT:
1. Sinus pain: If you are experiencing any type of pain in your head, face, or even your upper teeth, then this could mean that drainage is obstructed in some way, which is causing constant nasal congestion and sinus pressure.
2. Sore throat: Dealing with a persistent sore throat can be painful and troubling. A sore throat that won’t go away can mean a more serious problem—especially when this symptom is combined with a loss of voice or even difficulty swallowing. These issues could mean there is irritation or even an infection somewhere in your throat, sinuses, or even your digestive tract!
Read more about your body’s digestive tract and its functions here.
3. Hearing loss: You don’t have to be approaching elderly age to experience hearing loss. Hearing loss could mean a problem with your eardrum, ear canal or another inner ear problem.
Sometimes a build up of fluid or earwax is the culprit. And remember, never use Q-tips as a solution. A quick trip to see an ENT can help take care of this.
Learn more here about why you shouldn’t use Q-tips to clean your ears.
4. Headaches: Headaches are a common symptom of a severe sinus infection, and a symptom that seems almost impossible to live with. But by working with an ENT specialist, you won’t have to live with chronic headaches anymore.
A headache often means a buildup of sinus pressure and congestion, but it can also mean a more serious issue such as acute respiratory infections, chronic sinusitis, or another abnormality that requires an evaluation and testing.
Read more about chronic sinusitis here.
5. Postnasal drip: Postnasal drip is often associated with sinus problems and allergies as a result of a runny nose. While this particular symptom can easily be treated by antibiotics—especially for those patients suffering from sinus infections, postnasal drip is also a symptom of acid reflux!
6. Dangerous dizziness: Feeling dizzy all the time isn’t good. Dizziness could mean vertigo, which is relatively easy to treat, however dizziness itself can also be dangerous.
If you are finding difficulty in performing basic daily activities – such as going to work or school or even driving a car – then it’s time to see an ENT specialist in Boynton Beach. Dizziness can lead to a potentially dangerous accident.
Learn more about dizziness and the signs of Vertigo here.
A Sinus Headache Surprise
If you fee like you’ve tried every medication out there to help alleviate and even “cure” your painful and annoying symptoms, and nothing seems to work, then it’s probably time to see a specialist.
An ENT specialist focuses on treating symptoms and illnesses that affect the ear, nose, and throat. You might even be surprised to learn the kinds of illnesses and issues that affect the sinuses that don’t even seem to be connected! For example, 90 percent of the patients who see a primary doctor for sinus headaches end up having migraines.
Read more about possible causes of a headache here.
When You’re Reaching the End of Your Rope, it’s Time to See an ENT Specialist in Boynton Beach
If an individual or patient feels like they are at the end of his or her rope, and are frustrated with feeling miserable all the time, then it may be time to call an ENT specialist in Boynton Beach. Don’t wait. Life is too precious to feel sick all the time, so count on a specialist who can actually help you get on the road to recovery and back to enjoying life.
Visit here to get started with an ENT specialist in Boynton Beach today.