Ear, Nose, and Throat doctors or ENTs, specialize in disorders and treatments related to the ear, nose, and throat. They will also treat the sinuses, larynx (voice box), the neck, and the face.
These doctors are also known as Otolaryngologists. Their specialty is the oldest medical area in the United States. Board certified ENTs, like Dr. Joshua Light, have completed at least five years of specialized training and successfully completed a certification exam from the American Board of Otolaryngology.
Why Do I Need an ENT?
Having a reliable ENT is important because the functions of your facial and neck area are vital to your everyday life. A specialized ENT has a much more detailed knowledge of this area than your local physician. Dr. Light also has specialized equipment specifically designed to correct problems relating to the ear, nose, and throat.
A reliable ENT can help you with:
- Hearing aids and hearing loss: If you are having problems hearing, an ENT can help you determine the cause and determine which treatment will work best for you. The type of hearing loss that you have will determine if medicine, surgery, or hearing devices are the best option for you. An ENT can find the underlying cause of your hearing problems and treat the disorder, not just the symptoms.
- Frequent dizziness and vertigo: Vertigo and random bouts of dizziness can have a seriously detrimental effect on your life. Don’t just deal with the symptoms. An experienced and reliable ENT can help you find and treat the causes of your dizziness. Balance is often affected by the vestibular systems within the ear, and an ENT can diagnose problems in this area for you.
- Sinus infections and other nose-related problems: Every year, roughly 35 million people develop chronic sinusitis. It is one of the most common health complaints in the United States, and it can cause serious problems and discomfort. A specialized ENT can help you address problems in the nasal cavity and sinuses, including allergies, smell disorders, and nasal obstructions.
- Throat problems: Your throat helps you communicate, so it is one of the most important areas of your body for social interaction. Of course, it is also vital to aid with eating so you can provide nutrients to the rest of your body. An ENT can help you combat throat problems so you can lead a normal, healthy life.
- Sleep disorders: Although many people do not think of an ENT as treating sleep disorders, it is actually one of the areas of specialty for an ENT. An ENT can help you with snoring problems and dealing with sleep apnea, both of which contract or stop the airway in the neck. Left untreated, sleep apnea can cause other very serious health problems.
- Head and neck conditions: A reliable ENT can manage the areas of the head, neck, and face relating to disease, tumors, deformities, or trauma. In particular, a specialized ENT can deal with the nerves that help control your senses and facial movements. Medical and surgical care options are available to treat virtually any condition or deformity.
Having frequent problems in the head, face, neck, and throat areas can seriously diminish your enjoyment of life and negatively impact your overall health. Do not let these problems take over your life. See an experienced ENT who can help you treat the primary problem instead of just battling your symptoms day in and day out.
Dr. Joshua Light is your local Boynton Beach, Florida ear, nose, and throat specialist. Sometimes, your family physician will not recognize serious problems and may not be able to treat those problems. Contact Dr. Light today by calling 561-737-8584.