ENT Specialists – Otology & Neurotology Treatment
Best Neurotologist at the office of Dr. Light serving Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, and throughout Florida
The ear is connected to the brain by an intricate series of nerves. In order to understand, diagnose, and treat the medical issues that arise in the ears, one must also comprehend the complexities of that part of the nervous system. Neuro-Otology focuses on the neurological components of the auditory (hearing) and vestibular (balance) systems within the ear.
In order to become a neurotologist, a physician must have completed a five-year residency program in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery (also known as ear, nose, and throat surgery), and then an advanced fellowship training in otology/neuro-otology.
Doctor Joshua Light is a fellowship-trained neurologist. He provides both medical and surgical care for adults and children with diseases affecting the ears, facial nerves, the base of the skull, as well as treat other head and neck issues.
We have following locations to serve you:
- West Palm Beach
- Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton
A more extensive list of the medical problems and corresponding treatments includes:
- Evaluating and managing sounds in the ear, also known as tinnitus
- Sensorineural hearing loss
- Conductive hearing loss
- Trauma-related hearing loss
- Vertigo, Meniere’s disease, benign positional vertigo, vestibular neuronitis, labyrinthitis, and other disorders causing dizziness and/or imbalance
- Facial nerve disorders and conditions, such as Bell’s palsy or the presence of tumors
- Perforations of the eardrum
- Ear infections and inflammation
- Congenital malformations of the ear
- Surgical hearing reconstruction procedures, such as Tympanoplasty, Ossicular Chain Reconstruction, and Mastoidectomy
- Surgical restoration of hearing with cochlear implants or hearing aids
- Removal of benign and malignant tumors
- Correction of unsuccessful surgeries performed by other ear, nose, and throat physicians
Our Experienced Neurotologists Care
No matter the ear, nose, or throat problems you are having, Doctor Joshua Light and his team are prepared to give you the medical care you need. Contact us today at 561-737-8584 for experienced ENT health care services.